No Subject

ity of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, Ernst 314,
Phone: 502-852-6357, FAX:502-852-6355, m0lflei01@ulkyvm.louisvi
lle.edu SUBJECT:
I looking for ways to reuse an aqueous die spray lubricant used for
cleaning and to act as a release agent on die faces used to make
aluminum castings. During spraying of the die faces, hydraulic oil from
leaks is picked by the lubricant. About 7000 gals/dy goes to an oil
skimmer prior to the spray water going to the wastewater treatment plant.
Will the detergent be removed with the oil being skimmed? I assume that
much of the oil removed from the die faces will be dispersed in the
the spray water. What can be done to break the emulsion so that the
water with remaining detergent can be reused? Ultrafiltration would
probably retain the detergent with the emulsified oil. Are there any particular
vendors or equipment manufacturers that I might contact?
Thanks,
Marvin Fleischman, Industrial Assessment Center, University of Louisville.