Re: Root Cause Analysis

I have been teaching root cause analysis as the principal problem solving tool
in P2 assessments for the past 11 years.  There is an article on root cause
analysis in POLLUTION PREVENTION REVIEW (John Wiley&  Sons) Summer, 1996, pages
100-105.  For those of you who have attended one of my training sessions, you
know that the cause and effect diagram is the most widely used problem solving
tool in the entire world.  Root cause analysis is a key component of the Systems
Approach to Pollution Prevention as I have been using it.  While root cause
analysis is not common to most environmental problems, it is widely used in
quality management and manufacturing efficiency studies.  Your contact can call
me at any time.

Robert B. Pojasek, Ph.D.
Cambridge Environmental Inc.
58 Charles ST.