RE: Lead Acid Battery Disposal

At 200 batteries a month one has to ask the question why are they going
bad?  I would question how good the batteries are in the first place and
also look into how they are used and maintained.  There are several vendors
of recharges using trickle and/or pulse charging to extend battery life.
 Look into the use/cycling of the battery, by changing operating cycles
they could extend the life.  Do they test the battery, or assume that every
X months they need to be replaced?

Hopefully this is useful and P2Tech isn't seen as the preachings of
disciples of Bob Pojasek

Rick Grote, Ph.D.
Solid & Hazardous Waste Education Center, SHWEC
Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Partnership, WMEP
610 Langdon Street, Room 530, Madison, WI 53703-1195
Phone:(608) 265-3055     FAX:(608) 262-6250