Green opportunity turns brown

It has come to my attention that one of the suppliers of post-consumer
paper is no longer going to offer the paper for sale.  International
Paper, which produces both Unity (Hammermill) and Incentive 100
(Springhill) paper is discontinuing these lines.  These paper products
are preferred because they contain 100% recycled, 50% post-consumer paper
content, and the paper used is produced using secondarily chlorine free
process.  The paper works well in fax, printer, and copy machines.
Information I have received indicates that the IP mill in Pennsylvania,
which produces the paper, is in substantial compliance with environmental
regulations.

I am concerned that this supplier of environmentally preferrable paper is
planning to discontinue these lines starting October 1st.  This will
impact the good work we all pursue in terms of "walking our talk" with
the purchasing of green alternatives.

If you share this concern, write to:

	Rick Smith, Vice President
	Printing and Office Paper
	Hammermill
	6400 Poplar Avenue
	Memphis, TN  38197

and let him know!

Margaret Nover
Portland Pollution Prevention

PS.  Wish I had an email address for Rick, but I don't.