Re: INFOTERRA: HCl + H2SO4 pickle liquors waste mgmt with zero

I'm concerned about the use of potentially
contaminated wastes as fertilizers, as described
in the attached message.

A recent series of articles in the Seattle Times
documented several abuses of this practice.

Apparently, fertlizers are barely regulated in
terms of quality.   Other than the N-P-K nutrient
requirements or other active ingredients, little
is tested.   The "inert" ingredients or fillers
can be virtually anything, even containing
contaminated wastes.    Government oversight,
sampling and quality control is almost
non-existent.

EPA has just established a new working group to
investigate the issue of potential fertilizer
contamination.

Specifically, what are all the chemical
constituents and concentrations in used metal
pickling liquors?    Does anyone on this list know?