[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Basic Waste Reduction (or P2) Training available in January
- Subject: Basic Waste Reduction (or P2) Training available in January
- From: "Hillenbrand, Steve J." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 13:18:34 -0400
- Cc: "'Bob Carter'" <Bob_Carter@owr.ehnr.state.nc.us>, "'Dean_Menke'" <email@example.com>, "'Jim Grovenstein'" <Jim_Grovenstein@owr.ehnr.state.nc.us>, "'Rudy Moehrbach'" <Rudy_Moehrbach@owr.ehnr.state.nc.us>, "'Terry Albrecht'" <Terry_Albrecht@owr.ehnr.state.nc.us>, "'Vic Young'" <VIC_YOUNG@owr.ehnr.state.nc.us>
- Cc: "McEntyre, Charles L." <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Phillips, Joseph W." <email@example.com>, "McNabb, Adrin P." <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Isom, Kathy W." <email@example.com>, "O'Connor, Patrick" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-Name: P2Tech
- Reply-To: email@example.com
Have end-of-year Funding for training that you have to commit or lose?
New associates that need "How to do Waste Reduction Assessments"
Experienced people that need a refresher?
Consider registering now for the course below. (pass on to others in
your organization that might be interested).
What: Basic Industrial Waste Reduction Training
Goal: Prepare the participant to do basic industrial Waste
Reduction (WR) and Pollution Prevention (P2)
Scope: See list of topics below.
Sponsor: Tennessee Valley Authority Industrial Waste
When: 1:00 PM January 12, 1998 through
11:00 AM January 16, 1998
Where: TVA's Solar Institute Training Center in
Cost: $1000/participant (check, VISA, or Mastercard)
For Information or to register, contact Steve Hillenbrand
(423) 632-8489 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Scope: This training will emphasize source reduction
techniques from the industrial point of view (cost
savings as well as environmental) for all media: air,
solid, water, hazardous, non-hazardous, and energy.
Continuing Education: Successfully completing this course will
fulfill the requirements of 30 Professional
Development Hours (PDHs) for continued Professional
Engineering license accreditation in many states
Topics to be covered:
Regulations (as they apply to WR)
Substitutes (raw materials)
Specialties or Tools
Applied Technologies (14 technologies that reduce waste)
Solvents, Degreasers, and Strippers
Energy (lighting, HVAC and processes, compressed air,
Computer Usage (computer resources to solve
Industrial Assessment (hands on assessment of
Assessment Report Writing (report on assessed
Measurement Techniques (documentation of assessment
Helping Industry Establish In-house P2 Team
Liability, Legal Issues, Confidentiality
Class Size: Class will be limited to a maximum of 30