RE: cryogenic stripping of powder coated hooks and racks

Induction or direct resistance heating would be fairly efficient means
of heating (just the surface is possible) the hooks and racks to pop the
paint off if they are made with conductive material and have the right
geometry.  See the TVA IWR publications page on the web:

http://www.tva.gov/orgs/iwr/publish.htm

The best source reduction way is to make the hooks and other areas
exposed to the paint out of plastic that the paint does not stick to.
Usually Teflon or polyurethane but sometimes polyethylene works.
Coating the exposed areas can work but is sometimes difficult to apply
and maintain.