P2 reg integration/water/NPDES permitting

Hi...I work in the Pennsylvania Office of Pollution Prevention and Compliance
Assistance and am currently reviewing regulatory packages for P2 potentials. I
was wondering if any other states have successfully integrated Pollution
Prevention into state level regulations on

1. NPDES permitting
2. Wasteload Management
3. permitting of treatment works designs.

I would be particularly interested in any use of incentives for doing pollution
prevention rather than prescriptive approaches.

Thanks, Dee Lehman
PA OPPCA
DEP
PO BOX 8772