Re: 2nd P2 Info. Request

Is this request for P2 options in the MANUFACTURE of tubines, boilers and
process heaters or in their OPERATION?

Assuming the rules are for operation, true P2 would consider the processes
in which they are used and evaluate what purpose they serve.  For process
heaters perhaps there is a way to eliminate their need or at least make the
process more energy efficient.

The typical use of turbines and boilers is obvious.  Reducing energy
requirements so that less fuel is required would be an important aspect of
P2 with turbines and boilers.

Others may know more specifics regarding operating and maintenance
procedures for these units such as cleaning.  The most recent issue of EPRI
highlighted (pun intended) the environmental advantages of ozone (which
requires the use of electricity in its production) for cleaning and
disinfection.

Gary Miller

At 07:31 AM 9/19/97 -0400, you wrote:
>----------
>     DESPERATE FOR P2 INFORMATION!!
>
>     What are the P2 options for turbines, boilers, process heaters?
>
>     We want to make sure that rules currently being written by EPA
incorporate
>     P2.
>
>     But we need your help!!
>
>     Are there cleaner technology alternatives? any case studies? contacts of
>     who may know what options exist?
>
>     Please send any relevant info. to:
>
>     Felice Stadler, Clean Air Network, 1200 NY Avenue, NW, Suite 400,
>     Washington, DC 20005, fax: 202-289-1060, phone: 202-289-2403, email:
>     fstadler@nrdc.org.
>

>=================== End Part 1 / Begin Part 2 =====================
>Topic: cc:Mail note part
>Name: RFC822 message headers

>Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 11:59:03 -0400 (EDT)
>From: CompuServe Postmaster <postmaster@compuserve.com>
>Subject: Undeliverable Message
>Sender: CompuServe Postmaster <auto.reply@compuserve.com>
>To: FStadler@nrdc.org

Gary D. Miller
Illinois Waste Management and Research Center
One East Hazelwood Drive
Champaign, IL  61820

217/333-8942 phone
217/333-8944 fax