Re: Autobody spray booth odors

** Orig: 09/26/97 10:00 am  **
** SMTP: s. Postmaster      **
Re: Autobody spray booth odors
** Reply: 09/26/97 10:37 am **
** DLAWR: D. Lawrence       **
We've had similar complaints in the past, in the Northwest
Indiana area.  I have gone out for a "test" on several
occasions, and could not come up with any migrating odors.
With the new technology mandated by the auto refinishing RACT
(HVLP, enclosed cleaners, compliant coatings, etc.) there is
much less of the solvents to produce the odors.  I'd look to
see if there was a pre-existing feud between these neighbors,
or some other personality conflict.  David Lawrence, Indiana
Dept.  of Env.  Mgmt., 504 No.  Broadway, Suite 418, Gary, IN
46402; (219) 8816720, e-mail dlawr@opn.dem.  state.in.us.