Re: Golf Courses

I suggest you contact your Florida Farm*A*Syst office to get a copy of their
Florida FAS Assessment Packet.  It provides assessment materials on topics
like Pesticide Storage and Handling, Fertilizer Storage and Handling,
Hazardous WASte, Petroleum Storage and Handling. The assessment worksheets
and fact sheets incorporate relevant state codes, discusses BMPs, promotes
P2,  and provides information on additional resources and assistance.  YOu
can access their website which has many of the worksheets in PDF format
through our national website.  Go to the LInks segments.  See website URL
in my signature..

Florida Farm*A*Syst/Home*A*Syst programs

Art Hornsby
Florida Cooperative Extension Service
University of Florida
College of Agriculture
Water Science Department
Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences
2169 McCarty Hall
P O Box 110290
Gainesville, FL 32611-0290
Ph 352-392-1951
Fax 352-392-3902
Email: agh@gnv.ifas.ufl.edu

or

Susan Williams
University of Florida
Florida Cooperative Extension Service
College of Agriculture
Water Science Department
Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences
2171 McCarty Hall
P O Box 110290
Gainesville, FL 32611-0290
Ph 352-392-4508
Fax 352-392-3902
Email mailto:sww@gnv.ifas.ufl.edu
Voice Mail

Yes FAS  was created for farmers but I have had several golf course manager
tell me that they find  the assessment worksheets helpful with managing
their golf courses and parks in environmental sound ways.  The assessments
focus on facilities and practices that pose a risk to groundwater or surface
water.

Michigan Farm*A*Syst has created a new assessment set know as Turf*A*Syst.
It's aimed at turf managers....golf courses, parks, landscaping and lawn
maintance at public and private buildings.  They were pilot testing the
materials this summer.  To find out more contact the Michigan Farm*A*Syst
coordinator: Allen Krizek at <krizek@msue.msu.edu> or call at 517-373-9813

        ==================================
         Liz Nevers
         Nat'l Farm*A*Syst / Home*A*Syst Programs
         B142 Steenbock Library
         550 Babcock Drive
         Madison, Wisconsin 53706

         Phone: 608-265-2774