Re: Procurement checklist

Wendy:

For purchasing of environmentally preferable products, try the following WWW address:

http://earth2.epa.gov/program/exec/epafedgu.html

It contains extensive info on the federal govt executive order on environmentally oriented purchasing.  Although it might not match the questions you raise below, it might be a start.  It's the "Guide for Developing P2 Strategies for EO 12856 and Beyond" from United States Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Federal Facilities Enforcement.

There's also a fair amount of info in:

Executive Order 12873 - Federal Acquisition, Recycling, and Waste Prevention

at    http://earth2.epa.gov/program/exec/eo12873.html

There might be more related info at:

http://earth2.epa.gov/program/exec/exordsum.html

These are the federal executive orders related to P2 and recycling.

Hope this helps,

Anthony Sasson
Ohio EPA
OPP
614/644-2810

>>> Wendy Fitzner <FITZNERW@state.mi.us> 11/20 11:28 AM >>>
A company has asked me to check if anyone has a good
"checklist" they can use when procuring new products.  I would
guess the list would have various material management questions
such as check the MSDS, review various regs, look at handling,
storage and disposal options, etc.
We have some basic "P2:" checklists, but I am looking for
something a little "broader" in use.

Thanks.

Wendy
Wendy Fitzner
Pollution Prevention Section
Environmental Assistance Division
Michigan Department of Enviromental Quality
333 S. Capital
P.O. Box 48933
Lansing, MI  48909-7957
phone: 517-373-8798  fax: 517-335-4729