P2 and the Future of the Internet

     P2TECH'ers

     Earlier this month, Mark Boylan (wastemin@aol.com) made an inquiry to
     this list regarding P2 information delivery.  In my reply to him I
     made passing reference to a presentation I was (at the time) preparing
     for the recently completed NPPR meeting in Lake Tahoe.

     At the time, I also promised I would put it on the web.  Recent
     prodding from a couple of P2TECH readers with better memories than I
     have led me to do just that.

     Hence, a presentation on "P2 and the Future of the Internet"
     (appropriately subtitled "Educated guesses, blind hunches, wild
     speculation and other evidence that free advice is worth the price").
     As one might guess, this title was carefully chosen to be so ambiguous
     that I cannot possibly be held accountable for the assertions &
     speculations contained therein.  Nonetheless, bowing to peer pressure,
     I have posted it for public perusal/comment/critique at:

     http://www.seattle.battelle.org:80/P2Online/nppr/

     Note that there's admittedly more heat than light in this
     presentation, but perhaps the ideas put forward (or at least the web
     links listed on the last two slides) will inspire some innovation in
     effective future uses of the Internet as a tool for effecting P2.

     Regards,
     Scott

     Scott Butner (rs_butner@pnl.gov)
     Pacific NW National Laboratory/Seattle Research Center
     4000 NE 41st Street
     Seattle, WA  98105
     206-528-3290 voice/206-528-3552 fax
     http://www.seattle.battelle.org/P2Online/