Re: Water Softening Alternatives

At 02:46 PM 12/3/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>Does anyone know of any good alternatives to the "traditional" chloride
water softening
>units that are more environmentally friendly?  Or, if there is a way to
minimize the chloride
>content discharged in the backwash from these units?  Thanks in advance
for your help!

>Carrie
>
>Carrie Monosmith
I had a water softener some years back that used two tanks, metered the
water flow, and used a lot less salt that a standard unit.  I believe the
company was Kinetico.  The unit used softened water in the backwash, which
reduced the salt needed and increased the life of the resin.

Ralph

Ralph E. Cooper, Ph.D.
CWRU School of Law
J.D. Class of 1999
rec3@po.cwru.edu
(216) 991-6837 (Thursdays and Fridays only)