Paint Spray Booths -Reply

Marvin,

Depending on the amount of capital they wish to invest, it may be more
feasible for them to purchase a electrostatic powder painting system.
We got into one for our paint shop for less than 50K.  However, we
converted an existing spray booth for the operation.  The biggest benefit
is the reduction in downtime for the bay waiting for samples to dry.
Upon application, the bay is ready to be used again.  It has been a real
success for us.

Just a thought!

Thanks!

Kenny

Kenny Steward
Pollution Prevention
Pantex Plant
ksteward@pantex.com

>>> <M0FLEI01%ulkyvm.louisville.edu@internet.pantex.com> 12/03/97
02:37pm >>>
We want to recommend installation of a paint spray booth to a steel
fabricator
(job shop) who currently uses aerosol paint cans. Can someone
recommend a
starting point to get some cost estimates for installing a booth with intake
and exhaust air filters. Also, a source of selecting appropriate type of
spray
guns/system would also be appreciated.
Thanks.

Marvin Fleischman, Industrial Assessment Center, Department of
Chemical Engineering, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
40292, 502/852-6357, FAX:502/852-6355, email:m0flei01@ulkyvm.
louisville.edu

-- BEGIN included message

We want to recommend installation of a paint spray booth to a steel fabricator
(job shop) who currently uses aerosol paint cans. Can someone recommend a
starting point to get some cost estimates for installing a booth with intake
and exhaust air filters. Also, a source of selecting appropriate type of spray
guns/system would also be appreciated.
Thanks.

Marvin Fleischman, Industrial Assessment Center, Department of
Chemical Engineering, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
40292, 502/852-6357, FAX:502/852-6355, email:m0flei01@ulkyvm.
louisville.edu

-- END included message