Information needs, CAA and CAAA -Reply

Mr. Cooper,

Thomas Vinson asked me to respond to your email.  You can get access
to recent Texas SIP submittals on the TNRCC website:
http://www.tnrcc.state.tx.us/  You should go into the subject listing, and
look under State Implementation Plans.  For older, historical copies of SIP
revisions, you can contact our publications department at
512/239-0028--one copy of each document can be sent free of charge to
each requestor.

We do not have any estimates of the total costs incurred by this state to
achieve the requirements of the Clean Air Act.

I hope this is helpful for your research.

Elizabeth Johnson
Air Policy and Regulations Division

>>> "Ralph E. Cooper" <rec3@po.cwru.edu> 12/10/97 05:56pm >>>
Please forgive any cross postings.

1)  I need to get estimates of the costs associated with the CAA.  I am
interested in all estimates, from the conceptual development of the CAA
until now.  I am interested in aggregate estimates of compliance costs,
costs for specific industries and costs of specific aspects of the
regulations.  Any guidance as to sources, contacts, etc., will be
appreciated.

2)  I need to get copies of state implementation plans, including any plans
submitted and amendments to the plans to get them approved, and when
the
plans were approved, and when any subsequent amendments to the
plans were
approved.

I am interested in the entire time frame from origin of the Clean Air Act to
now, but with less interest in the most recent amendments to the CAA.  I
am
not particularly interested in the "market" reforms aka SOx futures
auction.

Ralph

Ralph E. Cooper, Ph.D.
J.D. Class of 1999