Chemical vs Non-Chemical Facade Cleaning

I have been reading with interest the information on Toxics Use
Reduction, specifically in MA & NJ. I was curious as to the impact,
effect, &/or interest in a non-chemical facade cleaning system.
>From other sources I have learned that chemical facade cleaning in
Boston MA is under permit jurisdiction of the Boston Fire Department.
The cleaning system I referred to is JOS, & it uses water & limestone in
a patented Vortex technology to clean surfaces.
Any input or info would br appreciated.

Pat Morrissey
ConSpec Associates