sawdust

I received the following question, and wondered if any of you had a
response I could pass along:

Do you have any information on using sawdust as
animal bedding?  A wood cabinet manufacturer in our state gives his
sawdust and wood waste to a dairy farmer for use as animal bedding.
The manufacturer is concerned that the animals may absorb some of the
urea formaldehyde used to make the plywood and that it may enter the
food chain (via milk).  If you can find any research in this area, I
would really appreciate having it.

Thanks very much!

Karen Sundheim (GCI)
Pollution Prevention Librarian