RE: Reducing phosphorous from industrial point sources

Cindy,

Other sources of phosphate include laundries and fertilizer producers
and formulators.  I believe several studies have been done by the state
of Flordia looking into P2 in the phosphate mining industry.

If you ever need to identify the major users of a given mineral, find
yourself a copy of "Mineral Facts and Figures" published by the U.S.
Bureau of Mines.  It presents a quite detailed break-down of how much of
a given mineral is produced in the world and which SIC codes are the
major consumers.  It was last published in 1985 and its criminal that
this group/document is no longer around.  There are other USGS reports
that present similar data but they are either for one given mineral or a
given country.  The Mineral F&F document was a world-wide accounting
balance for the entire mineral industry.

Hope this helps,
Mike.callahan@jacobs.com