Targeting top TRI reporters for reductions -Reply

Colorado took this type of approach in creating its voluntary "Governor's
P2 Challenge Program". It has been very successful. I think what the
companies are looking for is recognition for their efforts, which gives
them another incentive to improve as well as to do a better job tracking
and reporting their results. what type of assistance? mainly what we
have done is to provide some opportunities for networking, and in the
site visits I did, I made a few suggestions about how they might improve
their overall P2 program, such as better tracking of wastes and material
use, better cost information, etc.

Cindy, if you (or anyone else) want a summary of the achievements of
the 22 companies in our program, please let me know.

Neil Kolwey, P.E.
(303)692-3309
neil.kolwey@state.co.us