(All) Waste Prevention Technology

Can anyone provide me with some examples of marketable technology that is being
used to PREVENT waste?  I am looking for examples that do not simply shift the
waste to another medium (e.g., closed loop systems that eliminate wastewater but
have an evaporate that is a hazardous waste or ultrasonic cleaners that replace
solvent but create a new wastewater stream).  I am also looking for examples
that do not significantly increase energy use or create a safety problem (e.g.,
critical fluid carbon dioxide).  Are there any references that examine this
topic?  I will provide a summary to this list of any responses I receive to this
query.  Thank you.

Bob Pojasek
Cambridge Environmental Inc.
58 Charles St.