FW: Targeting top TRI reporters for reductions

Why not try setting up a coalition of the regulatory/government
agencies and the large(r) companies in the area to assist other
companies in P2 efforts.  In Palm Beach County we have done this.  You
gain the experience of large company P2 programs (most of them are
very active and effective) and agency personnel experience and provide
the information to the middle and small sized businesses in each
coalition area.  We work with surrounding county programs in
co-sponsoring programs along with having provided 2 conferences and 8
business sector workshops in the last three years.  We also have a
local university as part of the coalition.

Although we do not have any quantifiable results we have gotten great
response from the area businesses.  This response has been in
increasing attendance to workshops and in comments about the workshop
content.  The low key, non-regulatory approach (everything goes out
under the P2 Coalition letterhead) seems to be working well and the
interaction of both the regulatory (state and county) agengies and
industry has been beneficial to everyone.

We, the coalition, also have a web site through the Florida Atlantic
University membership on the coalition.  The site for this is

http://www.oe.fau.edu/~pollute/

and is intended as another tool to get P2 information out to those who
are interested but are without large staffs to collect and do P2
work.

Thanks,
Dale Francke
Pratt & Whitney,  M/S 717-03