[Fwd: Re: Polystyrene (better)]

>Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 21:54:56 +0200
>From: "Wilson W. Hatanaka" <wwhata@originet.com.br>
>To: Clarkjan@turi.org
>Subject: [Fwd: Re: Polystyrene (better)]
>
>Janet Clark
>                 -----------
>
>        My background is more than 10 years working with styrene and
polystyrene.
>        Using either processes (batch or continuous).
>        My experience is either in the raw mat production(styrene)
,polymer production(polystyrene) and also in the recycling processing(scrap
use).
>        Although I have no paper published I may be a useful   source of
informationin case you can forward me the right questions.
>        When you start to question about costs, it is good to know in
advance that this depends on production volume scale and also in the type
of process utilized(batch or continuous), as raw materials, mainly
additives changes totally.
>        There are several publications available about comparative costs,
technology available in the libraries (Monsanto Company is until recent
past a producer of  monomer and polymer and their library can be consulted
through the WEB).
>        End product or raw material cost can be obtained through a
magazine so-called De Witt, they tell you all about.  CEH Hand book is a
good source of technical/commercial information.  SRI(Stanford research
institute-Palo Alto)
>        Chem Systems is a very good source for many products inclusive the
one you are  looking for (technical-manufacturer-processes-and costs)
>        There are also some publishing multi client report available in
the market  showing analyzing and indicating best processes(forgot the name
of the