U.S. DOE Pollution Prevention Conference

The U.S. Department of Energy Pollution Prevention Conference XIV will
be held June 1-4, 1998 in Seattle, Washington.  This year's theme is
"Return on Innovation:  Investing in Our Future."

In light of the theme, the concurrent technical sessions will focus in
the following areas:

ROI: Project Accomplishments
ROI: Resolving Programmatic Issues
Cleanup, Deactivation, Demolition, and Restoration
Operations Source Reduction & Recycle Success
Energy Conservation
Internet and Information Resources
Outreach and Partnerships
Chemical Management
Pollution Prevention Incentives/Generator Participation
Affirmative Procurement
Design for Environment
Innovative Research and Development Technologies

The posters will all depict successful Return on Investment projects,
and our exhibits will address new, innovative projects/programs across
the complex.  We invite you to participate in this year's conference by
submitting an abstract for a paper, poster, and/or exhibit.

Abstracts for Technical Papers, Posters, and Exhibits are due FEBRUARY
28, 1998 and authors will be notified of acceptance by MARCH 16, 1998.

The official DOE Pollution Prevention Conference website is
http://www.hanford.gov/polprev/conference/index.htm.  The abstract
submittal form can be obtained from the conference homepage.

If you do not have access to the WWW, please call me at (509) 372-1627
or e-mail me at Mary_D_Betsch@rl.gov and I will fax you a copy of the
pertinent information.

Please forward this message electronically to others in your
organization.

Mary Betsch
Waste Management Federal Services of Hanford Inc.
P.O. Box 700, H6-06
Richland, WA  99352
Phone (509) 372-1627
Fax (509) 373-0743