Re: Re[2]: (All) Waste Prevention Technology

And at 10:07 on Jan. 16, Steve J. Hillenbrand wrote:
>IF IT'S NOT A PRODUCT IT'S A WASTE !!!   I define a product as raw
>material (any media including labor and energy) that you are not getting
>more than you paid for it.  Under this definition, recycled material
>usually is a waste.    ... <snip> ...

 I agree wholeheartedly with both definitions even though they would
probably be unenforcable in law. I live in a country where waste has always
been very poorly regulated. A couple of major waste generators here for many
years put out the fiction that they were "zero waste" on the reasoning that
their solid waste, which they put onto an onsite dump, was "a resource
awaiting a use". They also chose not to regard material emitted to the
atmosphere or exported in waste water effluents as waste.

Regards,
Graham Noble
Noble Environmental c.c.            gnoble@global.co.za
261 Brook Street, Brooklyn 0181, Pretoria, South Africa
Tel: +27 12 362-2607/362-0102      Fax: +27 12 362-2607