RE: City Pollution Prevention Manager

For assistance and to provide a wider knowledge of P2 and P2
techniques you might consider making your collaborative effort one
including local industry.  Many areas,  particularly a city the size
of Cincinnati, has many industry sites in its local which would
probably be more than interested in helping with the P2 effort.  It
gives them a chance to help the local community and to get their
efforts on P2 recognized.

This concept has worked well in Palm Beach County FL where I represent
my company as part of the P2 Coalition of Palm Beach County.  This is
a group of county government agencies, The FL DEP, and local industry
trying to spread the word on P2 and P2 techniques.  We have been
functional for over 3 years presenting local workshops for various
business sectors (marinas, printing, aerospace industries, golf course
and landscaping, etc.).  Some of these have been done by ourselves and
some we have co-sponsored with FL DEP and other organizations.  In
addition Florida Atlantic University (FAU), a coalition member
organization, operates a website (http://www.oe.fau.edu/~pollute) with
P2 information and links for anyone to access.

Give it a try.  You expand your resources and knowledge base and, with
industry as an active part of the group you reduce the fear seen with
many businesses of dealing with government agencies.  Good Luck.

Thanks,
Dale Francke
Pratt & Whitney,  M/S 717-03
P.O. Box 109600