Re: Optima Batteries

The Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory (INEEL), a DOE facility in Idaho, converted some of their buses and other vehicles to Optima batteries years ago.  They also liked the batteries because they were much lighter and prevented lifting injuries.  I believe they still use them.  You could contact Wendy Faler at (208) 526-8840 to find out more.

Katie Sewell
Idaho Division of Environmental Quality
1410 N. Hilton
Boise, ID  83706
(208) 373-0465
(208) 373-0169 fax
ksewell@deq.state.id.us
(208) 373-0169  Fax
ksewell@deq.state.id.us

>>> KENNY D STEWARD <KSTEWARD@pantex.com> 01/20 2:17 PM >>>
I have come across a type of automotive battery called Optima.  It's
SPIRALCELL design insures no free-standing liquid acid exists in the
battery.  I was wondering whether anyone has used this battery and
what your experience might have been.  It is definitely something that
could be considered for use in "spill sensitive" areas.

The Optima home page for the United States is located at:
http://www.optimabatteries.com/

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Kenny

Kenny Steward