Subject: Re: Non-VOC Cleaners for cleaning cured Asphalt
Author:  <p2tech@great-lakes.net > at internet-mail
Date:    1/23/98 10:32 AM

The surfers in Santa Barbara use peanut butter suspended in baby oil (and a
little "elbow grease") to remove asphaltic residues from their surfing boards
and bodies.  Low fat peanut butter does not work.  This smells better than
d-limonene.  Dave Hartley probably knows all about that.  My son goes to
school
there.

Bob Pojasek
rpojasek@sprynet.com
(617) 225-0812

     Does anyone know of effective non-VOC or Low VOC cleaners which can be
     used in a vapor degreaser to clean cured asphalt off of materials?

     Doug Broussard
     TNRCC Office of Pollution Prevention & Recycling (512) 239-3181
     dbroussa@tnrcc.state.tx.us