Legislative History, basic info

Hi!  Does anyone have or know of any publications, Web sites, or
documents that outline (hopefully briefly!)  the history of U.S.
environmental legislation from about the 60's to the 90's?  I know
something like this must exist out there, but I have not yet found it.

Any leads to info on basic educational  information on "what is
multimedia" and cross media impacts of pollution would be great.  I am
working on a document for non-environmental folks, so the simpler the
better.

Your leads and ideas are MUCH appreciated!  Thanks in advance.

Martha Arosemena
TRNRCC, Office of Pollution Prevention & Recycling, MC112
P.O. Box 13087
Austin, TX  78711-3087
phone: 512/239-3185
fax: 512/239-3165