RE: Place to List Pollution Control Equipment

The is a site on the web for recycling "everything".  It includes
equipment listings although they are listed by industry type.  The
site is Recycler's World and the web site is:

http://www.recycle.net/recycle/index.html

My first question is "Why does a piece of uninstalled idle equipment
have an effect on changing a process to a less polluting one?"  If
they are currently using a solvent maskant without the equipment it
seems to me that a change to an aqueous based maskant would be based
on the economics of the process without the carbon adsorption unit
entering into the calculation.

Thanks,
Dale Francke
Pratt & Whitney,  M/S 717-03