Re: Place to List Pollution Control Equipment

An Internet site dealing with used industrial equipment:

http://www.buyused.com/  - The Used Equipment Network

Also, the Investment Recovery Association covers used equipment and how to sell it:

                Investment Recovery Association
                5818 Reeds Road
                Mission Kansas
                USA 66202-2740
                Tel: (913) 262-4597
                Fax: (913) 262-0174
                Contact: Jane Male

Good luck,

AS

anthony.sasson@epa.state.oh.us (Note new email address)
Anthony Sasson
Ohio EPA, Office of Pollution Prevention
P.O. Box 1049
Columbus, OH  43216-1049
614/644-2810  fax - 728-1245
http://www.epa.state.oh.us/opp

>>> Susan Roothaan <SROOTHAA@tnrcc.state.tx.us> 01/29 11:17 AM >>>
One of the facilities I am working with is seriously considering converting from
a solvent maskant system to a aqueous based system.  One of the factors in
their decision is whether they can find a buyer for a Carbon Absorption
System.   Does anyone know where one might list good used air pollution
control equipment either on the web or some publications?  We are already in
touch with CMA, Air and Waste Management, and Printing Association to see
if their might be a venue there.

Below are the specs on the equipment.  If you know a party interested, I can
provide company name and phone to that person:

Carbon Absorption Equipment (automated for continuous operation if
required)

Designed and constructed for exacting aerospace industry standards by Hoyt
Corp. (Westport Eng.), operated 3 years prior to plant closing, currently
disassembled and stored in North Texas as complete package.  Includes full
construction and installation blueprints, operation manuals, training guides,
post installation engineering support for start-up and operations training.
Other services are available/neg.  New Cost: $1M+, system is end-user
owned and offered at $475K.

Major Components:
3 beds (tanks), each with 30" depth activated carbon (11,000# ea)
125 hp inlet blower (20,000 cfm)
GE series 1 programmable control panel (free standing)
Beckman 4400A FID
Honeywell DR4200 24X7 chart recorder
200 ton, 200 gpm York cooling tower with basin heater
Otto H. York air stripping column
condensing unit and 300 L stainless steel separator
system size and approx. Weight 40'w/12'h/13'd; 90,000#

Thanks,
Susan Roothaan
Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission, MC-112
Office of Pollution Prevention and Recycling
PO Box 13087
Austin, Texas  78711-3087
phone: (512) 239-3186
fax: (512) 239-3165