hooves

this is not really a prevention question, on the other hand, until we figure
out how to get pigs and cows to not have feet there will not BE any
prevention alternatives.

I am working with a large meat company that kills many pigs and cows a day,
now they take the hooves and hair and burn it in the world's most pathetic
incinerator (if the smoke was any thicker the pigs could put it back on
their legs and walk around on it).  I don't think there is anything to do
with the hair, but I recall hearing that hooves are used to make glue or
something.

have any of you who have done aggie P2 come across solutions to reuse of
livestock hooves?

thanks much

	Burton Hamner
	Professor of Environmental Management