Market For P2 Services

    Many manufacturers would rather deal with consultants simply to
    avoid potential discovery of compliance problems...despite offers
    of a "non-enforcement oriented" site visit.

    Some site visit programs focus more on pointing out sources of
    help rather than offer (any level of) direct assistance
    (?liability issues?).  In this case a consultant is still needed.
    Efficiency may dictate eliminating the middle-man.

    I've gleaned from some manufacturers a fear of potentially being
    required to implement some suggestions/recommendations that may be
    generated by a site-visit.

    Many engineers/environmental managers/health & safety
    managers/environmental technicians/ etc. very much would
    appreciate a site visit but are denied the opportunity by upper
    management.  Sometimes larger well known companies respond in this
    manner for (what I think are) some pretty obvious reasons.

    Confidentiality?

    Adapting an old saying,  "we're all consultants and you end up
    paying for it one way or another".

    ric
    illig.richard@a1.dep.state.pa,us