P2 at photofinishing ? -Reply

Rodney,

We have several processes at our facility where we use X-ray devices
for varying applications.  We recycle most all of our film through Safety
Kleen Corp. and most of the chemicals are handled through a local
recycling company, Southwest Radiographics.  We also use a Pacex
system for larger applications.  It is mostly to collect the silver from
washwaters before disposal.  You could talk with your local Safety
Kleen branch to see what they have to offer.  I have had a lot of
experience with them and have never been unhappy.

If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at
ksteward@pantex.com

Thanks and good luck!

Kenny

Kenny Steward
Pollution Prevention
Pantex Plant
ksteward@pantex.com

>>> "Sobin, Rodney" <sobin%ctc.com@internet.pantex.com> 02/05/98
11:11am >>>
Hi P2TECHers--

I wonder if anyone can point me to approaches for P2 and solution
recycle and reuse for photographic film developing.  In particular I'm
trying to help a facility that does a lot of x-ray inspection of metal
parts and assemblies.  The facility uses automatic developing machines
for x-ray film.  Much, but not all, of the silver in used fixer is
recovered.  Spent developer and fixer go down the drain.  (By the way,
film is recycled off-site.)

The facility realizes that ideally it should go to a digital solid state
imaging system to avoid chemical developing altogether, and to achieve
various productivity gains (I'm looking for leads here as
well--conventional fluorography doesn't give the resolution required).
Short of the ideal, the facility would benefit from developer and fixer
recovery and improved silver recovery.

Any leads would be welcome.
Thanks,
Rod

Rodney Sobin						sobin@ctc.com
Concurrent Technologies Corp.			tel. 814-269-6895
1450 Scalp Avenue					fax 814-269-2798
Johnstown, PA 15904				http://www.ctc.com/

http://www.ndcee.ctc.com/

-- BEGIN included message

[...]