Re: P2 at photofinishing ?

Rodney,

There has been a lot happening with dry imaging in the medical
field which might be applicable for your application.  Dry imaging
systems use a special film that can be developed without chemicals.
The imaging is typically "developed" either thermally or by
laser.  Check the following web sites for information on dry imaging
systems:

http://www.imation.com
http://www.agfa.com
http://www.polaroid.com
http://www.kodak.com

All of these companies sell dry imaging systems.

Greg

> From:          "Sobin, Rodney" <sobin@ctc.com>
> To:            p2tech@great-lakes.net
> Subject:       P2 at photofinishing ?
> Date:          Thu, 5 Feb 1998 12:11:22 -0500

> Hi P2TECHers--
>
> I wonder if anyone can point me to approaches for P2 and solution
> recycle and reuse for photographic film developing.  In particular I'm
> trying to help a facility that does a lot of x-ray inspection of metal
> parts and assemblies.  The facility uses automatic developing machines
> for x-ray film.  Much, but not all, of the silver in used fixer is
> recovered.  Spent developer and fixer go down the drain.  (By the way,
> film is recycled off-site.)
>
> The facility realizes that ideally it should go to a digital solid state
> imaging system to avoid chemical developing altogether, and to achieve
> various productivity gains (I'm looking for leads here as
> well--conventional fluorography doesn't give the resolution required).
> Short of the ideal, the facility would benefit from developer and fixer
> recovery and improved silver recovery.
>
> Any leads would be welcome.
> Thanks,
> Rod
>
> Rodney Sobin						sobin@ctc.com
> Concurrent Technologies Corp.			tel. 814-269-6895
> 1450 Scalp Avenue					fax 814-269-2798
> Johnstown, PA 15904				http://www.ctc.com/
>
> http://www.ndcee.ctc.com/

Greg Lutchko
Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
Environmental Assistance Division
103 South Main Street
Waterbury, VT  05671-0411
Tel: 802-241-3627 or 800-974-9559 (in-state only)
Fax: 802-241-3273
E-mail: GREGL@dec.anr.state.vt.us