RE: List Server Evaluation

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	List Manager [SMTP:listman@wmrc.hazard.uiuc.edu]
	Sent:	Monday, February 09, 1998 10:03 AM
	To:	p2tech@great-lakes.net
	Cc:	jpeden@wmrc.hazard.uiuc.edu
	Subject:	List Server Evaluation

	P2Tech is at the end of one funding cycle (don't worry, we have
new
	funding), and we need to do some evaluation of list server.
Please answer
	the following questions about your list server use.    The more
	we get, the better able we will be to justify the list server in
the
	future.  We will be compiling the information at the end of
February and
	will publish the results to the entire list.

	1.  How often do you post messages to P2Tech? About 1x per
quarter.

	2.  How often do you use the P2Tech Archives?  Do you find them
useful?
	How could we improve the archives? About 1 or 2 x per yr.

	3.  Enviro$en$e has offered to do another set of archives, in
addition to
	the ones currently hosted by GLIN.  Would you be more likely to
use
	archives provided by Enviro$en$e?  Is the duplication necessary?
N, N

	4.  P2Briefs are a version of the P2Tech Archives designed by
the Solid
	Waste Education and Research Center in Wisconsin.  The P2Tech
briefs
	compile discussion strings and include links to possibly
relevant
	information and contributors.  This effort takes a lot of time.
Do you
	think this would be a worthwhile tool? Useful, Y.  Worth the
effort?  Questionable.

	5.  Based on your experience with other list servers, what could
we do to
	make the list server better?  Nothing.  It's well maintained and
monitored, I think.

	6.  Any other comments? Thank you.

	Thanks in advance for your time!
	Lisa

****
	Lisa C. Merrifield (Morrison)
listman@wmrc.hazard.uiuc.edu
	List Manager				217.244.6061 (v)
	IL Waste Management and Research Ctr.	217.333.8944 (f)
	One East Hazelwood Dr.			Champaign, Illinois
61820

****