P2 in Deep Mining

   Dear P2Tech Subscribers,

   I had a request for information about incorporating pollution
   prevention in the "deep mining" industry.  Although both surface and
   deep mining activities occur within Pennsylvania, this request related
   only to deep mining.

   I look forward to your responses.  I am checking the EPA Industry
   Sector Notebook EPA/310-R-95-008 relating to Metal Mining, but would
   appreciate any references to other publications as well as any
   "real life" experience you may share.

   Thank you in advance for any help you "P2Techers" may be able to send
   my way.

   Jo Anne Hollash
   PA DEP - OPPCA
   14th Floor RCSOB