Reuse opps. for leather scraps

I'm working with a business in Portland, Oregon that has as a non-product output of 25 different types of leather scrap material.  We are looking for secondary markets / reuse for this material.  Shipping the material to, say, the east coast would not be
cost (or environmentally) effective.  I understand there is a leather press technology used for reuse of leather scrap.  Is anyone aware of such a leather press business on the west coast?  Or other ways to manage this waste?  I am already working with th
em on creating internal practices to reduce the volume of leather scrap (about 400 #s/day), however some scrap will occur.

Hope you can help.

Margaret Nover
pdxp2@hevanet.com