RE: Newsprint sludge

Careful of using kitty litter or other disposable absorbents to clean up
oil spills.  The resultant waste (litter and oil) may be a hazardous
waste since you do not plan to recycle it at that point.  You may have
just increased the amount of waste (and made it hazardous).

I have used a sponge and wrung it out into the oil going into recycle.

Comments?

Steve Hillenbrand
Industrial Waste Reduction Engineer
Synterprise Group, Division of Tennessee Valley Authority
(423) 632-8489; (423) 632-3616 (fax)
sjhillenbrand@tva.gov
TVA IWR HomePage  www.tva.gov/orgs/iwr/iwrhome.htm