P2 in construction

   try:

   --	   the Rocky Mountain Institute (http://rmi.org ),
   --	   Department of Energy may have some appropriate software as
   well at http://epic.er.doe.gov/epic/html/SOFTWARE.sph , and
   --	   Enviro$en$e of the EPA.

   I think I saw something helpful in the federal EPA's recent WasteWise
   annual report as well.  There may be a major mobile home manufacturer
   that did some work on waste reduction of construction wastes in their
   plant.  Unfortunately, I do not recall which manufacturer.

   P2 could include segregating wood pieces according to size then using
   smaller pieces around window frames and door headers.  Other
   considerations are:
   --	   insulating exterior corners of the structure, window and door
   frame areas,
   --	   placement of windows for heating and cooling, insulated window
   glass,
   --	   HVAC design,
   --	   energy efficient lighting,
   --	   water conservation measures, and more.

   Good luck with your search.

   Jo Anne Hollash
   PA DEP - OPPCA
   15th Floor RCSOB
   P. O. Box 8772
   Harrisburg, PA 17105-8472
   717-787-0121
   hollash.joanne@a1.dep.state.pa.us

   Please visit our website at     http://www.dep.state.pa.us
   	   	         Choose    Pollution Prevention and
                   	   	   Compliance Assistance
   Does anyone know of a good source for information on using P2 in
   building design and construction? A web site address would be
   particularly helpful.

   Thanks,

   Mark Boylan
   WASTREN, Inc.