Re: Pollution Prevention and P

** Orig: 03/02/98 10:11 am  **
** SMTP: s. Postmaster      **
Re: Pollution Prevention and P
** Reply: 03/03/98  9:35 am **
** CCS: C. Sullivan         **
Organic chemicals include several pesticides.  One alternative
would be to use Integrated Pest Management (IPM).  Its probably
the oldest practiced pollution prevention technology for non-
point source pollution.  There are several examples of
successful IPM projects in the US and in Canada.  If you would
like further information on IPM, you may want to look at the
www, or contact your local Cooperative Extension Service Office-
.  A school IPM project in Indiana, received a Governor's Award
for Excellence in Pollution Prevention last year (1997).  If I
can be of further service please get back to me.