RE: Spent Toner

Tom,

I doubt the brick maker is not getting any benefit from this.  Are they
being paid to take the toner, if so, how much ?  Toner is messy to handle
and unless they were being paid a lot to take it, no one would bother.  Then
there is the issue of the generator having to pay to get rid of it. Since
its not hazardous, why would they be motivated to pay someone a high fee to
take it ?  If the brick maker is paying for it, then there most likely is a
beneficial reason.

My guess is that the toner creates a darker blacker brick.  Perhaps it
speckles the surface and makes the brick look like its covered with soot.
Used brick sells for a premium over raw red brick and this may be the
benefit created.  If so, the brick maker may see this as an economic
advantage.  Since this is all a guess, why don't you ask them ?

Just my thoughts,

Mike.callahan@jacobs.com