Scaling in cooling towers

Hello,

I am dealing with a bottling co. that has a cooling tower.  The
cooling tower has problems with scaling.  I was curious to know what
type of descaling chemicals are available.  Currently, the facility
uses a bromide chemical to clean any impurities.

This company also blow molds their own bottles.  The blow molded
bottles are made of Polyethylene Terephalate.  There are many
defective bottles in this process, how can this be prevented.  Any
ideas would help.  Please contact me by E-mail at
Padma@grove.ufl.edu.  Thank you.

Patty Muthuswamy
Team Leader
Industrial Assessment Center