From:  Cindy McComas[SMTP:CMCCOMAS@mntap.sph.umn.edu]
Sent:  Friday, March 06, 1998 1:46 PM
To:  p2tech@great-lakes.net
Subject:  Molybdenum sources to wastewater treatment plants

As an outgrowth to the POTW outreach we are doing here in Minnesota, I am
running into an issue related to molybdenum sources in both pond systems
and
mechanical treatment plants.  Mo is largely causing a problem due to high
sources in the sludge from anaerobic digesters or even the pond sludge,
which limits sludge management though land application or burning.    I
have
heard sources can be from machining operations, antifreeze, cooling
towers,
and closed casing lubricants.  Any there any other sources you are aware
of?
 I would also be looking for P2 opportunities from these sources.
 Thanks.

Cindy McComas
MnTAP
1313 5th Street, #207