Locomotive engine cleaning

Hello Everyone

We are presently working with an regional railway planning to locate a
maintainance shop in a small town.  Part of the operations will be the
washdown of locomotive engines.  The company expects to discharge approx
1000 gal per day from this operation.  Due to the Town's limited
wastewater capacity and the nature of the effluent, we are strongly
encouraging the railway to install some type of wash water recirculation
/ reuse system.  I am aware of the Landa and Mark IV systems used for
truck washing.  Does anyone have information on other systems or case
studies specific locomotive engine cleaning.

Thanks
Greg

Greg Newman
NC Division of Water Quality
PO Box 29535
Raleigh NC 27626-0535
Ph: (919) 733-5083 ext. 592 Fax: 715-6048
Email:  Greg_Newman@h2o.enr.state.nc.us