RE: Low VOC Lubricant for Manufacturing Clay Pots?

Carrie,

Are you certain this is all fugitive ?  No. 2 fuel oil has a vapor pressure
of 0.01 psia.  I would assume that most of the oil is blown off by air and
is taken off for fuel use.  Is the clay fired ?  If so, the oil would burn
off and be a point source from the oven, not a fugitive.

For the clay, they could look into using a heavier mineral oil.  For
conveyor lines, a heavy grease.  This would be much better than No. 2 fuel,
especially from the worker health and safety aspect.  No. 2 contains benzene
and a wide range of other hazardous compounds.

Regards,

Mike.callahan@jacobs.com