RE: Corrosion resistance

Jan,

I don't expect the soy oil to be any better than the animal grease.  Unless
the oil can be incorporated into the corrosion protective coating it will
interfer with adhesion.  Linseed oil might work but only if you were going
to coat the wheels with linseed-based varnish.  This coating might last as
long as the car stays on the showroom floor !

A common protective coating is polyurethane clear-coat.  To achieve
adhesion, the wheels need to be really really clean.  A hot aqueous cleaner
with DI rinse and flash dry should do it.  Animal fats will saponify
readily.  Just be careful that they do not overbuff the wheels and burn the
polish.  Then you have a very difficult cleaning job.

Regards,

Mike.callahan@jacobs.com