From: Pat Gallagher <PAT_GALLAGHER@nmenv.state.nm.us>
To: p2tech@great-lakes.net
Subject: Pollution free chemicals?
Date: Monday, March 23, 1998 12:06 PM

Dear P2 techers:

A friend of mine sent me this email message and not being a chemist, I
couldn't answer.  How realistic is this future projection?

The latest issue of the Use Less Stuff Report states that the editors of
Chemical and
Engineering News have predicted that 25 years from now plants (green
ones, not
factories) will become the main source of oil and plastics and green
chemistry and
similar technologies will eliminate pollution from industry. Virtually
no pollution
will come from chemical plants.  Do you think this is a fair prediction?
 Just curious, this
is interesting to me.

Pat Gallagher
NM P2