Re: P2 at POTWs and the link to biosolids quality

     Deirdre:
     (and anyone else who may not have seen message below regarding P2
     and POTWs from Liz Nevers).  Hope it is helpful.

     Bruce

     J. Bruce Suits
     Pollution Prevention Manager
     Office of Environmental Management
     City of Cincinnati
     Two Centennial Plaza
     805 Central Avenue, Suite 610
     Cincinnati, OH 45202-1947

At 01:15 PM 3/18/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Does anyone have info regarding household
hazardous waste >collections and the
benefits of these to a POTW?

>Any leads would be much appreciated! >
>Martha Arosemena
>Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission >Office of Pollution Prevention
& Recycling, MC112 >P.O. Box 13087
>Austin, TX  78711-3087
>phone: 512/239-3185
>fax: 512/239-3165

Martha,

If you are coming to the NPPR Spring Conference you have two opportunities to
pose this questions and get feedback.  The first is the POTW Training Workshop
on Tuesday, April 28th.  There will be discussion on outreach and education to
residential customers.  On Wed, the Household P2 section will focus on Household
Hazardous Waste.

If you can't make either I suggest you contact Elizabeth Brown with IAMS who is
coordinating the POTW training.  Email is: ebrown@iams.org
or myself (email is below) about asking this question at the Household P2
sessions.

In our Home*A*Syst chapter on HHW we alert homeowners/renters to the proper
disposal methods for their HHW.  We bring this up again in our chapter on
Household Wastewater Management which focuses on septic tanks.  Septic tanks are
even more vulnerable to HHW than POTWs.

Hope this helps.

Liz Nevers
Nat'l Farm*A*Syst / Home*A*Syst Programs

B142 Steenbock Library                          550 Babcock Drive
               Madison, Wisconsin 53706

Phone: 608-265-2774
Fax:       608-265-2775                                 Email:
enevers@facstaff. wisc.edu                      Web site:
http://www.wisc.edu/farmasyst                ==================================