Business Needs

    Cindy, et al,

    Last year we were trying to get a pollution prevention roundtable
    off the ground for regional industry.  As part of the effort we
    conducted a poll to find out preferrences...meeting frequency,
    meeting length, willingness to host a meeting, general interests,
    etc.
    I know this is not what you want, but a supprising result from the
    survey showed a need for regulatory assistance on a wide variety
    of topics.  Some topics included: residual waste regulations;
    waste reuse, recycling, and reclamation; air quality Title V and
    VOC/HAP regulations; hazardous waste regulations/permitting; and
    other topics.
    As a result, we started Regulatory Compliance Assistance Seminars.
    Sort of a "meet the regulator & ask questions" type approach.  Our
    pollution prevention office sets-up the event and mails a notice
    to industry.  The regulatory program involved supplies a small
    panel of "experts" to address questions.  The affair is not a
    lecture-type event.
    Our first session (residual waste) went pretty good.  Our second
    (Title V) is planned for the end of the month.  I'm not sure yet
    what we may expect for a turnout.

    Ric
    illig.richard@a1.dep.state.pa.us

    PS: Cindy, I'm faxing a short write-up to you on heat revovery.  I
    hope you find it interesting.  please let me know if it helps.